Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Quest Begins...

So here I am... back on the market for a new romance... I am 43, single again and testing the treacherous waters inhabited by plenty of fish.

I'm not sure of the quality of the fish but I'm hoping they wont all be throw backs. I have had some decent e-mails... plenty of dumb fish as well but... mm.

This being said I did have a fish date this weekend. Actually I had a date with this same fish last weekend, supposedly the fish was called out of town on business and so I kindly let him off the hook. Not giving it much thought really, no biggie. I understand work.

We talked all week, because he worked over the weekend he was supposedly taking a long weekend, he asked me out again for Friday night.

I decided to take Sat off myself, so I didn't have to worry about time or alcohol consumption, or... time. He started saying he might just spend the night (in a hotel) and maybe we could do something Sat also.  mm k.

On Wed he decided he was leaving early Thursday and inquired if I would like to do something that night.

Maybe he would stay 2 nights.

They he follows up a couple conversations with, "I hope I'm not scaring you away"... "I hope I'm not freaking you out."

Well lets see.. we have had a few good e-mails, some decent phone conversations, and now you want me to commit to 3 days with you? Uhh yeah too much.

I was unable to regardless, It was the end of the month and I had accounts to close, that's my story and I'm stickin to it. ;)

I stuck by the Friday night date and really I figured if it was ok and I didn't hate him by the end of it, some lunch before he left town might be ok.

Talked to him a couple times during the day, he was going to arrive early and wait for me at the bar.

Then I got off and he was on his way, would be here shortly.

Then he was only 30 minutes away, he had not ditched me.

and then nothing.

No answer. No txt. Whatever. lol

I went dancing... and had a good time actually.

Got a txt on Monday, "I'm embarrassed to have to apologise again, but I got a DUI on my way to see you"

Wow. Where to start...
Stat with him running late in the first place?
Him drinking before our date?

Isn't this EXACTLY the kind of man I need? "Derr.. I have a date who lives an hour away, I better drink heavily before I go to meet her for the first time, duhh"

or

He is a liar who made up a DUI to gloss over the "loss" of the weekend for the second time... because he is married or otherwise "taken"

or

He really is just one unlucky bastard :)...

well not THAT unlucky as much as stupid... was was still legally drunk.

Needless to say I did not reply to that txt.

Next please!

No comments:

Post a Comment